Goodbye Google Certification Program, Hello Google Partners
by Julien Brandt | Updated Nov 4, 2021
Google has recently launched a new program called Google Partners that replaces the Google Certification Program. This new program is designed specifically for digital agencies and online marketers and gives businesses the help they need to succeed on the web. Google Partners was created to make it easier and more meaningful to get certified. Using Google Partners, you can find all the resources you need in one place. You get more access to Google experts, free Google exams that lead to certification, along with sales and marketing toolkits.
The new Google Partners will bring with it a few changes, compared to the former program. The biggest change being that it will be free to take exams and get certified (previously it was $50 per exam) using Google Partners. Here are several other things you will need to know for the new Google Partners Program:
- All of your information in your Google Certification Program will transfer when you join Google Partners using the same Google account. Make sure to that when you sign up for Google Partners you are using the same account you've used in the past. Your information will be read-only following the transition to Google Partners.
- You do not need to get recertified because your old expirations dates will be honored using Google Partners.
- Beginning Sept. 30, 2013, a Google Partner's account will be required to manage your company's profile on Google Partner Search. You can manage both your individual certification and company profile using the same Google Partners account.
- Use of the “AdWords Certified Partner” badge will not be permitted after November 13.
- To remain on the Google Partner Search list after November 13, a company must qualify for the new Google Partners badge. Just because you are currently certified with Google Partners does not mean you automatically qualify for the new Google Partners badge. Companies must qualify with the new Google Partners program. The new Google Partner badge recognizes companies that excel with Google's products and demonstrates that businesses use Google best practices, have happy customers and are healthy.
Google Partners allows your business to connect more closely with Google. Businesses can gain access to special events, training and research, along with product updates. Google Partners lets you stay ahead of the curve by working directly with Google, while Google Partner Search lets you grow your business by connecting directly with potential clients. Google Partners is a great resource for businesses and can help them succeed online.
To join Google Partners, please visit www.googlepartners.com.
The Digitopia team is passionate about helping businesses grow by tapping into the power of social media and SEO. To discuss how we can help you grow your business, contact us today!